Monday, September 28, 2009

Turnabout Airlines

"You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that, oil and water were the same as wind and air to you. You just slept the big sleep, not caring about the nastiness of how you died or where you fell.", Raymond Chandler, "The Big Sleep"

Sleep deprivation is really getting to me now. As someone who sleeps a lot, flights are terrible for my sleep rhythm. Right now I am exhausted, but just can't sleep. Can't even think straight, as I even felt lost at the airport, till after a half hour of rest I remembered the basics of every adventure game, read everything and examine and use everything in your inventory. Of course, the solution to the puzzle had been with me the whole time. But now, my head is really toast. Can't even continue in Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box as it requires more common sense than I can muster at the moment.

Really trying to sleep, but the classical music that keeps looping every 5 minutes isn't helping. Nor all the background noise. Even counting all the tiles in the ceiling didn't help. But anything was better than this agony! Anything was more tolerable than this derision! I could bear those hypocritical smiles no longer! I felt that I must scream or die! -- and now -- again -- hark! louder! louder! louder! LOUDER!

It's the beating of that hideous heart in my exhausted head!

The most horrible of all this is, is tbat I went from a 'slightly tired' mood to 'am going insane' mood in just 30 minutes. I blame classical music. And I still have to wait 4 hours before the plane to Fukuoka departs.

2 comments :

  1. 頑張れ!
    確りして!死んじゃだめよ!

    (他人を殺すのも禁止だけど)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have not tried it myself but i have heard a good way to fight jet lag is not to eat until you have arrived. while you are hungry your body (mind) will try to keep you awake (to look for food). after you have arrived then you eat and then you will sleep like a baby. that's the theory anyway.

    -uncleStone

    ReplyDelete